I am a professional music producer and work with clients all over the world to produce music – whether it’s their own singles or albums, music for theatre, adverts, TV programmes, film or jingles. I have my own studio and use the latest industry standard music production software as well as a wide range of professional third party plug-ins and professional VSTs and samples. I can produce music in any genre and any style. I can produce remotely from my studio or travel anywhere in the UK to record live music or sound. Please listen to my showreel to hear the diverse range of music I produce.
I have over 20 years experience of producing music and can guarantee that all my work will be produced to a radio-ready professional standard. I sing, play piano, synthesisers, acoustic guitar, electric guitar and bass guitar and have a VST library of over 5000 sounds and loops, including two professional drum programmes. I can produce music to any specification and any genre or style and can start working on your project wherever you need me to come in: songwriting, composing, arranging, mixing or mastering.
I enjoy being collaborative when I produce music so will keep you updated with drafts throughout so you can hear how the music is progressing and this will help you direct the creative process. The work is only finished when you’re 100% happy with it so I offer unlimited revisions and can make as many changes as you need until you’ve got the exact song or music that you wanted.
If you’re looking for a particular instrument or voice I am happy to find that for you by using agencies that I belong to. Finally, I can offer a quick turnaround and work around your time schedule. I prefer to work on a fixed price rather than hourly rate and can provide a quote once you let me know more about your project. Please email me at email@example.com or contact me here to get the ball rolling.
How do I work with artists?
I am completely flexible and can work with you and your project wherever you are in the process. Below is my typical ‘8 step’ example of how I work with singers & songwriters who want to produce their own song:
- You send over your demos and we discuss how you’d like the song(s) to be developed (e.g. instrumentation, ‘feel’, tempo, lyrics etc)
- I will produce a rough draft sample (20 or 30 seconds) of the song so you can let me know if it’s going in the direction you’d like it to. If yes, onto step 3, if no I will keep working on a sample until I’ve got it right for you.
- I will compose and produce the full song backing track for you and send it over as an MP3. If you’re happy with it, onto step 4, if not I’ll keep working on it based on your feedback.
- If you’re a singer, this is when you can record your vocals, either remotely or at my studio. If you are looking to involve other musicians or singers it’s at this stage that you’d do so, or if it’s an instrumental track skip to step 6.
- I will mix the vocals into the song, which I will send over to you. If you’re happy with it, onto step 6, if not I can re-process your vocals or in some cases singers like to record a new take.
- I will mix the song fully now – so everything is balanced and the levels, panning, EQ, compression etc is all fixed in place. I will send this over to you. If you’re happy with it, onto step 7, if not I will remix until you’re happy with it.
- I will master the song so it is radio-ready, polished and fully professional. I will send it over for you to double check. If you’re happy with it onto step 8, if not I will re-master.
- I will deliver the song in whatever format(s) you require.
Obviously, there are many other ways to work and I am completely flexible to work in ways that suit you and your purposes better. The best way to get the ball rolling is to discuss the song or project either by email, phone or video call so that we can flesh out the project, timelines and other logistics to make it a success.